2150 W. 135th St. Office: 310-323-0030
Gardena, CA 90249 EMERGENCY ONLY: 310-400-4809
About 59 years ago, Maria Regina Parish did not exist. It was ultimately located on a five acre lot in the center of a residential area known as Johnson Ranch, close to the Gardena Valley Airport. The parish was established by Cardinal James Francis McIntyre, who gave it the name ‘Maria Regina’, “Mary Queen of Heaven.” The name was chosen because Pope Pius XII had added to the many titles of Mary, the Mother of God, the honor of “Mary, Queen of Heaven” in 1954. Click here to read about our history!
We, the People of God, under the patronage of Maria Regina, Queen of Heaven and Earth, are called to be disciples of Jesus Christ in this time and in this place. As members of the Body of Christ we gather to worship at the Altar of the Lord in Word and Eucharist, in which we are nourished. From here we go forth as disciples in the power of the Holy Spirit to make the Good News of Jesus Christ alive in our world.
Copyright 2016 Maria Regina Catholic Church
All rights reserved